The Rhythms of Women’s Desire: How Female Sexuality Unfolds at Every Stage of Life
by Elizabeth Davis
If you have ever wondered:
- Why does sexual desire fluctuate at different times of the cycle?
- How do pregnancy, birth and lactation impact sexuality?
- How does history of sexual abuse affect desire?
- Can the choice for celibacy be a positive one?
- What exactly is the “love hormone” oxytocin?
The Rhythms of Women’s Desire, by Elizabeth Davis, has the answers you seek!
And did you know that:
- The intensity of orgasm correlates to the estrogen peak of the cycle.
- In monogamous couples, sexual rhythms tend to synchronize, with male testosterone surges matching female peaks of estrogen and progesterone.
- Testosterone levels soar in females during their forties, which explains why they may be attracted to younger partners.
- Due to hormonal changes at menopause, activity in the right hemisphere of the brain—the side associated with intuitive visionary experience—increases dramatically.
|Chapter One||Females, Sex and Culture|
|Chapter Two||Sexual Awakening|
|Chapter Three||Dancing with our Hormones|
|Chapter Four||The Sexuality of Pregnancy and Birth|
|Chapter Five||Sex After the Baby Comes|
|Chapter Six||Sex, Stress, and the Midlife Turnaround|
|Chapter Seven||Sexual Transformation in Menopause|
|Chapter Eight||Sex in Later Years|
|Chapter Nine||Healing From Abuse, Trauma, and Loss|
|Chapter Ten||Choosing Celibacy|
|Chapter Eleven||Your Own Rhythms|
|Appendix||Worksheet on Abuse and Trauma|
“A gold mine! It contains heart and soul and information … never encountered before in any form. The more women (and men, for that matter) who read this, the more quickly our world will be healed.”
“Elizabeth Davis…gets straight to the heart of what it means to have a rich, evolving sexuality throughout a lifetime.”
“Here is a practitioner who does not prescribe but describes, in terms that are both empowering and fascinating, the extraordinary inventiveness and variety of the human female in all her moods and phases.”
“Bright with blessings and reassurances, acknowledging women’s issues that are universal yet shockingly under-discussed…a comprehensive classic in the making.”
The Rhythms of Women’s Desire: How Female Sexuality Unfolds at Every Stage of Life by Elizabeth Davis, Hunter House Publishers
Find it on: Amazon